Popular Posts

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Takoyaki Sauce Recipe

I have been on an endless quest to make Takoyaki Sauce from scratch since we don't have any convenience store that carries it here. (not even the Asian stores)
so after much research I only found one...and only one recipe T___T but I will try it once i get the Mirin.
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup catsup (ketchup)
1/2 cup worchershire
1/2 cup sake
2 tablespoons ginger
2 tablespoons garlic
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup mirin

Put all above ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally.
Reduce to a simmer for 25-30 minutes skimming any foam that rises to the top. Will keep refrigerated for 4
weeks.



Sounds like any other typical Asian sauce.. I might make some changes to it... depending if it doesnt change color.. I have seen that Takoyaki sauce is dark ? so maybe it will caramelize and if it doesn't I might add some soysauce... but other than that I will be trying this soon ! 



3 comments:

  1. how does this recipe work for you? is the sake really necessary in achieving the same flavour as the one from the shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms.Ephy , you don't need to put Sake , but it is recommended for a more in depth flavor ^^ im sure the one in the stores don't put Sake ^^

      Delete
  2. you can use white wine or sherry (dry) as a substitute for sake

    ReplyDelete